My history, on leather craft.



Why I Started Leather Craft the inspiration behind my Business


Outback Leather Goods as a brand born in Bourke 2840. Australia for creating handmade bags and accessories, Belts, Whips and other leather items from quality Vegetable Tanned leather. Paying homage to the family history and love of Leather which is recognized in its minimalistic styling and natural tan.

The family History of Outback Leather Goods discover a legacy built on tradition and fine craftsmanship for over 85 years, producing the very finest in leather goods, employing time honored skills and traditions, learned from my family heritage.

My Great great Grandfather, was a horseman. a rodeo Bull rider, buck jump rider, as young man in his 20's. Saddles, bridles and other leather items would get damaged. on the rodeo circut. They had to be repaired by someone, so he took on the job of repairing these. Which very soon became a very profitable business because of the demand. My grandfather also followed in his footsteps, growing up. He also became a Rodeo Rider, and repairer for the most part of his life as well, he then learned to make a saddle from the ground up, then he continued to do so up until he passed away.

Then there was my dad and mum, they also took on the family business, I can remember from a very small child, watching my parents create saddles from nothing, to a beautiful piece of artwork, they also made Many different kinds of whips, Wallets of all kinds for men and women. They made hand carved belts, plaited belts. Ladies Shoulder Bags which were hand-carved, with beautiful leather lacing done on them. I spent most of my childhood observing and watching, I never really had an interest in leather craft, until 2018. A few years after my dad had passed away. I decided I would make myself a handbag, with the help and support of my mum, and from there I was hooked. I spend every minute of my day creating one of a kind items. My Family Heritage had turned into a very passionate business. I was lucky to still have the support of my mother, which is where I got my knowledge from. From which I lost my mum on 19th October 2021. With her knowledge and expertise. I am sure there is always plenty of room for more ideas and creations to evolve. May both my parents continue to be with me in spirit and guide me to the end of my journey, in keeping their heritage alive.

I love to create beautiful items from leather. That will last a lifetime. I myself also Make leather handbags, sometimes I will make the same bag but with a different color or different hand-carving design. No 2 items are ever the same. Follow me to keep up with my journey on keeping my family heritage alive.


Comments